Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The van problems.....

... are somewhat demystified! I took the van in to be looked over today and found out a belt is shot and that's what is causing the squealing sound. We were out of power steering fluid which was causing the whining and problems with turning when we started the car in the mornings. Also, the guy plugged some gauge thing up to a tube which I guess has something to do with the a/c and it did a quick test and showed that there is a "mechanical error" with the a/c. So.... I dunno what we can do about that.
In crochet news, I continued work on the newsboy cap I started on a few days ago... but I'm not liking it so far. The picture shows it being snug and rounded on the lady's head. Mine looks flat on the top, like a beret, and it is bulky and almost like a ruffled or pleated effect in areas. Not sure what I did wrong... but it's disheartening as I really liked the look of it and I *really* wanted a newsboy hat! Oh well. I gotta chug out a few quickie gifts over the next few days. Hopefully I'll get them done in time... we'll see.
Well, taking my son to go see a free kid movie tomorrow morning. I think it's Planet 51. I don't really care to see it, but it's free and *might* entertain him. I have errands to run after that (post office, AutoZone) and then hopefully coming back home to clean up the mess from my brother being here and then getting some crochet started.
Ok... that's all for now... Over and out!

No comments: