Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween and current swaps

So- Happy (belated) Halloween, bloggies! I had a great weekend... we took our son trick or treating 3 times! The first was the mall event on Friday... I think in the future we might just skip it... we'll see. It's gotten to the point where you just kinda walk past more stores than get candy from. And- the Coach store gave out JUST a sticker. A gold one that says "coach". To KIDS for trick or treating! That was disappointing. Anyway, on Saturday we took the little man to the "Boo at the Zoo" event. It was great! We had a really nice time. Sunday, we visited friends/family and also took our son trick or treating around a neighborhood for the first time. He did VERY well! I was so proud of him. Oh, I should add that the little man was our little Hero. He went as Captain America! It was really neat- everywhere we went, on all three days, he was the ONLY Captain America! :D

OK so I have some crafts I've been working on. I finished my first ever "chunky page". These things are FUN! I thoroughly enjoyed trying to figure out how I was going to design it and all that. The theme for this first page is "Nightmares"... I chose spiders. Here's a pic of the front.


The silver beads on the right side are attached by craft wire... the beads spell out arachnophobia :). I love the spider flower. Those big spiders near the top are rubber spiders. There's a chipboard spider in the middle... some stickers... the spiderwebs are stickers as well... oh, on the bottom is some spider ribbon trim... lemme put a pic of that....


I don't know if you can see the trim on the bottom very well... but it alternates between a small squishy felt ball and a small little spider with orange eyes :). I got it at JoAnn's Fabric. It was a last-minute impulse buy, and I'm glad I did! I secured it on using some really decent fabric glue.









For the back, I kept it simple. I glued a red spidery scrapbook paper onto the back. I decided to add a glitter spider I picked up from Michael's. I like the addition of the glitter spider :). It gives it a little touch of "cute" to a "nightmare" page. I added my info and stuck a spiderweb sticker on the right side of the info.... just to add something to it.















So there is my first chunky page :). The thing I am currently working on is an ATC for Stephen King's "The Shining". I have an idea... but dunno if it will be lame. Think a mirror and "REDRUM" ....lol. We'll see! Hopefully I will remember to post pics. I realize I don't post pics of my crafts on my blog. For shame on myself!!!! I promise to attempt to include more pics of craftiness!
That's gonna be it for now... I need to get to work on the ATC!

No comments: