Friday, August 20, 2010

Lots of things going on

So, my last post was in July, almost a month ago. I have so much going on right now! We thought our lease was up at the end of August and I spent a lot of online time looking at rental listings. Come to find out our lease ends at the end of September... even though we moved in August 15, 2009... our lease ends September 21, 2010. Very annoying. Especially since we are so sick of dealing with the condo association's board of directors. This is a group of bored old people with nothing left in their lives and nothing better to do than to harass the people that live in this very small condo complex. They have stolen from us and they have sent so many "notice of violation" notices to us for any little thing they can think of... if the wind was blowing in the wrong direction, we were sure to get a violation notice for that!! *heavy sarcasm*.
Anyway... I decided to start packing up stuff. This, I feel, is very very smart on my half. I usually wait til a week or two before moving date and then start scrambling around to find boxes and to pack said boxes. Not this time! I have a good amount of boxes and I am spending my days packing them up. First packed- the DVD collection. I debated on if I should pack the DVDs this early.. but the collection is enormous.... my count so far- 430 DVDs! That's just the ones I could FIND. ^_^ I used a cool little tool i found online called the DVD Profiler to catalog my collection. Very useful!
I haven't had much time or inclination to do any crocheting.... I stayed up for 24 hours last Friday- Saturday chugging out a bear themed set for a friend's baby shower I was going to on Saturday. I made a bear hat with blue/brown in the ears, matching blue/brown booties, and an amigurumi bear with a blue/brown ribbon tied around his neck :). It turned out quite cute and was the hit of the shower!! But after that marathon crochet run... I needed a break. I only picked up the hook to make a 12" square and a 6" square for 2 different Ravelry swap groups I'm in. I think I'll make a separate post and put up the pics of the bear theme set and the 2 squares I made.
I'm logging off for now- I am going to call around different apartments and start getting prices and scheduling walk-throughs.... yayyyyy... lol.


~ Have a great day! ~

No comments: